Yup, you CAN make keto sushi at home. No, you don't need any fancy equipment, nor do you need tons of time. It's as simple as fill, roll, and slice.
Cauliflower Rice Sushi
Serves: 1 // Serving Size: 1 roll // Prep time: 20 Minutes
1 sheet of nori
1/2 head cauliflower, grated
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp monk fruit powder
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 avocado, sliced
1/2 small cucumber, cut into strips
1 small carrot, cut into strips
1. Prepare the cauliflower sushi rice: Over medium heat, sauté the grated cauliflower in sesame oil for 4-5 minutes. In the meantime, stir the rice vinegar and monk fruit powder in a small bowl until monk fruit is dissolved.
2. Take the cauliflower off the heat, mix in the rice vinegar mixture, and spread the cauliflower rice out flat on a plate. Set aside to cool. (If you need it quickly, stick it in the freezer, stirring around every few minutes.
3. While your rice cools, prepare the veggies: Clean and slice your veggies into thin, matchstick shaped pieces.
4. To roll the sushi: Lay a sheet of nori on your sushi rolling mat (if you don’t have a mat, use some wax or parchment paper). Spread the rice edge to edge in a thin, even layer, leaving a 2cm space at the end furthest from you without rice.
5. Lay the fillings on top of the rice horizontally across the end of the nori sheet closest to you, about 1 inch from the edge.
6. Roll the edge closest to you over the veggies, pressing down with your mat or parchment paper to roll tightly. Continue rolling with the help of your mat until you get to the end of the nori sheet without rice. Dab a bit of water on the edge to help it stick to itself.
7. Use a clean, sharp knife to slice your sushi into pieces. Serve with some Braggs Liquid Aminos and enjoy!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! When you decide to make it, comment below, let us know what you think, and post a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #staysynchro so we can see it. Can’t wait to connect!
Total fat: 28.97g
Total Carb: 21.92g
Net Carb: 10.54g