Who else loves giant bowls of food? especially bowls of food loaded with all the healthy, delicious veggies in your fridge, with golden sauce drizzled on. Especially when they're beautiful, quick, and easy to prepare. Especially when you get 100% free creative license to make art with your food.
We roast the veggies, we make the sauce, and we assemble. Its that easy. Are you with me?
Roasted Vegetable Keto Buddha Bowl
Serves: 1// Prep time: 30 minutes
6 stems tender stem broccoli
4 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
4 baby squash, slice
A handful of baby brussels sprouts, sliced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Spices: here I used turmeric and chilli flakes
salt and pepper
1 slice of lemon
1 poached egg
1/2 avocado, sliced
6 baby radishes with the stems cut off
1tbsp hemp seeds
2 cups of your favorite salad mix
1 clove roasted garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 thick slice of lemon
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit (~230 degrees celcius).
2. Make the poached egg: Bring a pot of water to a simmer. Line a small cup with plastic wrap. Crack the egg into the plastic wrap, gather the corners, and tie your egg into a small pouch. Place the pouch into the water for 5 minutes, then remove. Poach your egg as you normally would.
3. Roast the veggies: Place sliced mushrooms, baby squash, and baby brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes.
4. In the meantime, prepare the base: Wash the salad mix. In a bowl, toss the tenderstem broccoli with turmeric, salt, pepper, olive oil, and chili flakes.
5. To make the sauce: Combine the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, turmeric, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Feel free to add some water if you'd like it to be runnier.
6. After 10 minutes, take the baking sheet out of the oven, take out the brussels sprouts, flip/stir the veggies, and add the tenderstem broccoli. Roast for another 5-10 minutes, until the mushrooms are golden brown and crispy.
7. To assemble: Place your salad mix in the bottom of a big bowl. This is your chance to get creative! Artfully place the roasted veggies, poached egg, avocado, and radishes on top of your base, around the bowl. Garnish with hemp seeds and drizzle the sauce on top.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! When you decide to make it, comment below, let us know what you think, and post a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #staysynchro so we can see it. Can’t wait to connect!
Total fat: 64.28g
Total Carb: 31.8g
Net Carb: 14.2g
Calculated using https://happyforks.com/analyzer